The VMJ is the oldest natural hybrid of Singapore and is named after an Armenian lady who found this orchid in her garden. It was first registered and described in 1893 by Mr H. N. Ridley, then the Director of the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
On 15 April 1981, the Vanda Miss Joaquim was made the national flower of Singapore. It was selected for its beauty, resilience and its year-round blooming quality.
A hybrid of Vanda hookeriana x Vanda teres, the Vanda Miss Joaquim is a hardy climbing plant that blooms freely throughout the year. The large flowers have a lovely mix of purple shades with sparkling tinges of orange, yellow and a dash of spotted crimson.
The RISIS Vanda Miss Joaquim Creation captures the natural beauty and essence of the original Vanda Miss Joaquim to perfection.
- Encapsulated in 18K Gold and Rhodium
- Size (US): 6.5 (Open Shank)
- A quick tip to care for jewellery would be to wipe your jewellery with a lint free cloth after use.
- For decor and lifestyle products would be to ensure that the pieces are placed in a cool, dry place & clean with a lint free cloth regularly.
- Please keep this book & receipt, producing both should you require any help from us in the future.